As seen on TV…
It’s easy to overspend around the holidays. In an interview with WGBA TV, Kevin Klug with Secure Retirement Solutions, shared five practical tips to survive the holiday shopping season.
- Set a spending limit. Before you hit your first store, make a list of who you're buying for and how much you plan to spend. Download a holiday budget worksheet by filling out the form on this page.
- Go for the gift card. You can save a lot of guesswork by buying gift cards. Plus, they are a great way to stick to a budget.
- Be Scrooge—when it comes to shopping for yourself. Self-gifting can be a budget-buster, even when things are on sale.
- Avoid hidden fees. When shopping online, make sure you read the fine print before completing your purchase.
- Win loyalty points. To get the best deals, consider signing up for emails from your favorite stores and watch their website or newspaper for coupons.
Kevin Klug talks about holiday spending with WGBA TV.
To request your complimentary holiday budget worksheet, complete the form below.